Today I had a nice issue. After implementing 2 new domain controllers and deconfiguring the 2 old ones there where some strange issue with the Exchange Management Console. For example setting mail quota’s was not possible this caused the following error:
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.
First checked if the Exchange server wasn’t looking at one of the old domain controllers. After fixing this the issue still wasn’t resolved.
So I started searching the internet and found an issue which looked like pretty the same as I had. This was solved by restarting the Exchange System Attendant, after I did this also the issue was solved.